EAT24 DAD JOKE CONTEST RULES
This Dad Joke Contest (“Contest”) is sponsored by Eat24, LLC located at 140 New Montgomery Street, 9th Floor, San Francisco, California 94105 (“Sponsor”).
By entering into this Contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements as stated in these Official Rules. Each winner is solely responsible for the payment of any federal, state, or local income taxes that may result from their acceptance and receipt of any prize. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open only to a legal resident of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (excluding its territories, commonwealths, or possessions), who is eighteen (18) years of age or older and have reached the legal age of majority in their state of residence at the time of entry, whichever is greater and who have a Eat24 account (“Eligible Participant” or “you”). Officers, directors, and employees of Sponsor, the parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, any related companies, suppliers, licensors and partners, and the officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each and those involved in the execution and administration of the Contest and the immediate family members (defined as spouse, siblings, parents, and children) of each are not eligible to enter or win. By entering, you agree to abide by these Official Rules (“Official Rules”) and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects.
- TIMING: The Contest starts on 6/1/2017 at 12:01 A.M. Pacific Time (“PST”) and will end on 6/15/2017 at 11:59 P.M. PT (the “Contest Period”). Sponsor’s computer will be the official time-keeping device for this Contest.
- HOW TO ENTER: To enter, simply write a Dad joke on Eat24’s Facebook page or tag @Eat24 in your Dad Joke on Twitter with hashtag #DadJoke. We’ll see it and know you have entered the contest (“Entry”).
- ENTRY SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS: All entries submitted during the Contest must satisfy the following:
- Your Entry must be original and created by you.
- Your Entry cannot refer to or contain any brand names other than those of Sponsor and cannot be confusingly similar to any third party product names, brand names or trademarks.
- Your Entry cannot contain material that violates or infringes any third party’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity, or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement.
- Your Entry cannot contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred, or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Your Entry cannot contain material that is inappropriate, obscene, indecent, tortuous, offensive, violent, hateful, or defamatory, or that disparages Sponsor or contains any other content otherwise prohibited by or contrary to the laws of the state in which the Entry is created.
- Any Entry that is determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion at any time during the Promotion to violate the Entry Requirements or these Official Rules, or to otherwise be unsuitable, offensive or in poor taste, may be rejected and disqualified.
- COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION: You agree that any personal information provided to Sponsor or its authorized third parties may be used in connection with the operation and administration of this Contest.
- ENTRY CONDITIONS/LIMITATIONS: Limit of five (5) entries per person during the Contest Period. In the event an entrant attempts to submit more than 5 Entries, even if received, only the first 5 complete Entries received by Sponsor each day during the Contest Period will be eligible. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an Eligible Participant, the authorized account holder of the Eat24 account used to participate in the Contest will be deemed to be the identity of the Eligible Participant. The authorized account holder is the natural person registered and associated with the Eat24 account as verified by Sponsor. Any attempted entry by means except as permitted in these Official Rules is prohibited and will void all submitted entries by that participant. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Eligible Participant that tampers with the entry process or does not comply with these Official Rules.
- PRIZE: $100.00 in Eat24 credit for the winner, and $25.00 in Eat24 credit for the remaining top 5 winners.
- PRIZE DELIVERY: We will notify the winners by responding to their tweet or Facebook post with details for receiving their prize, and then we will put the prize amount in their Eat24 accounts for their use on Eat24.
- PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: The Eat24 credit will expire after 90 days. The Prize is not transferable, redeemable for cash or substitutable except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute the Prize (or portion thereof) for a prize of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. No compensation will be payable if the winner is unable to use the prize as stated. The Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor and is subject to the terms and conditions of the Sponsor. No more than the stated number of Prizes will be awarded.
- JUDGING PANEL & JUDGING CRITERIA: The winners will be selected by a panel of Dad with a good sense of humor (“Judging Panel”). The winning jokes will be the funniest jokes, as determined by the Judging Panel (“Judging Criteria”).
- WINNER SELECTION: The Judging Panel will score each Entry according to the Judging Criteria and will award the Prize to the top 5 highest scoring entries from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
- ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The total amount of your Eat24 order will not increase your chance of winning or influence the Judging Panel in any way.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION, VERIFICATION AND DISQUALIFICATION:
- Winner Notification: Sponsor will contact the potential winners directly via Facebook or Twitter, as applicable by 7/27/2017, with instructions how to confirm your Eat24 account. Potential winners must respond via email to the address provided in Sponsor’s notification within 72 hours from the time and date of Sponsor’s notification.
- Winner Verification: The Sponsor shall have the right, if and when necessary, to undertake all such action as is reasonable to protect itself against fraudulent or invalid claims including, without limitation, to require further verification as to the identity, age, and other relevant details of a participant. The winner may be required to supply proof of eligibility, including a form of identification.
- Winner Disqualification: In the event that any potential winner (i) cannot be contacted directly by Sponsor within 72 hours from the time and date of Sponsor’s initial email notification; (ii) fails to satisfy any eligibility or verification requirements; (iii) declines to accept the Prize; or (iv) is otherwise determined to be ineligible, Sponsor in its sole discretion may disqualify that individual and select the next highest scoring Entry from the remaining eligible entries received during the Contest Period. An alternate winner is subject to all eligibility requirements and restrictions of these Official Rules. Sponsor’s sole obligation to any verified winner selected during this Contest is to furnish the winner with the Prize described above. The process will continue until an Eligible Participant is awarded the Prize. The Winner is solely responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes and other fees associated with acceptance, receipt and use of a Prize.
- PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited by law, a winner’s acceptance of a Prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and its designees to use that winner’s Entry, name, Entry, photograph, and location (city and state) for advertising, promotion and other purposes, worldwide and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, in any manner, together with other materials, without further compensation or notification to, or permission from, winner.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS:
- Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify these Official Rules or to cancel, modify, extend, terminate or suspend these Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify these Contest if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond its reasonable control impairs the integrity of these Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the Prize at random from among the remaining eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment of the applicable drawing.
- Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual they find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. All decisions of disqualification by Sponsor are final.
- Entries that are altered, delayed, deleted, destroyed, fraudulent, improperly accessed, inaccurate, incomplete, interrupted, irregular in any way, late, misrouted, non-delivered, tampered with, unauthorized, unintelligible or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules for any reason, including without limitation due to (1) loss, interruption or unavailable network, server, website or other connections; (b) miscommunications; (2) undeliverable emails resulting from any form of active or passive email filtering; (3) insufficient space in participant’s email account to receive email; or (4) other errors of any kind, whether due to electronic, human, mechanical, production or technical errors or other causes; even if caused by the negligence of Sponsor, will be disqualified. Void where prohibited and subject to all applicable federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY & RELEASE:
- By participating in the Contest, each Eligible Participant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor and the parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, any related companies, suppliers, licensors and partners, and the officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each (collectively, “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action related to this Contest, including but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, rights of publicity arising out of participation in the Contest, participation in any prize-related activity, use or misuse of any entry-related materials or acceptance and use or misuse of any prize.
- Released Parties are not responsible for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of these Contest, including but not limited to errors in the advertising, these Official Rules, selection and announcement of the Winner and distribution of the Prize.
- Released Parties are not responsible for, and participant hereby releases the Released Parties from, any claims arising from: (1) incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information or late, lost, stolen, illegible, incomplete, misdirected, or entries received through impermissible or illegitimate channels, all of which will be disqualified; (2) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any telephone, computer, network, hardware or software; (3) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any service; (4) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (5) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of these Contest or the processing of entries; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to participant’s computer or mobile device, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participant’s participation in these Contest or from downloading or accessing any material, regardless of whether the material was prepared by Sponsor, a Released Party or a third party, and regardless of whether the material is connected to the Contest by a hypertext link. If for any reason a participant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, participant’s sole remedy is another entry in the applicable Contest, if such Contest have not been discontinued for any reason.
- DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, participants agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with these Contest, or any Prize awarded, or the determination of the Winner, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the rules of the American Arbitration Association, then effective, and (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for and participant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. If participant cannot be bound to arbitration according to local laws, all disputes, claims, and causes of action shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, in an action in a State or Federal court located in San Francisco, California. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of an Eligible Participant and/or Sponsor in connection with these Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine of any jurisdiction.
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU IN WHOLE OR IN PART.
- WINNER INFORMATION: For the winner’s name, mail a request and a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by no later than [insert date] to: [Dad Joke Contest Winners List c/o, 140 New Montgomery Street, 9thFloor, San Francisco, California 94105.
SPONSOR: Eat24, LLC, 140 New Montgomery Street, 9th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105.
Copyright © 2017 Eat24, LLC. All rights reserved.